- Let’s use our girl power to help the Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) by raising funds to help them purchase vital medical equipment. The Flying Doctor is a not-for profit organisation that saves thousands of Australian lives every year. Their vision began in Cloncurry, Queensland in 1928.
- Our can-do goal is to raise $5,000. This will buy two pieces of equipment:
- New Born Anne manikin: Costs $3,457 Ex Gst https://laerdal.com/au/doc/222/Newborn-Anne
- The instant, intuitive and portable blood and fluid warming system: $1,543
- EVERY cent raised will go directly towards buying this vital lifesaving medical equipment.
- Prizes for our Brisbane based girls: Two girls who raise the most funds over the period will win the opportunity to attend the RFDS Brisbane Base. This will include a private Base Tour and see behind the scenes of the state-of-the-art training facilities including the simulator room to experience a hands-on viewing of what’s involved to work for the RFDS and a special RFDS gift hamper.
- Prizes for any online participating Australian girls: 10 runner ups of a virtual behind the scenes RFDS Base tour in your State and a gift hamper full of goodies will be sent out to you!
- Kick-off is from Sunday, February 7, 2021 to Sunday March 7, 2021
- Any girl who registers via the Girls Day Out in STEM 2021 Brisbane event online homepage gdostem.com or on our GDOS2021 Eventbrite page www.eventbrite.com./gdostem.com can help us reach this goal.
- (Or on the Royal Flying Doctor Queensland fundraiser page: www.rfdsqueensland.com.org)
- You will need your parent’s or caretaker’s permission.
- Just click on the button the Girls Day Out in STEM 2021 Brisbane event online homepage gdostem.com or on our GDOS2021 Eventbrite page www.eventbrite.com./gdostem.com or the Royal Flying Doctor Queensland fundraiser page. Fill out your details to get started… and go!
- The RFDS is a trusted and highly regarded not-for-profit organisation. They will collect all the fundraising money via a special not-for-profit software Giveeasy.
- On Monday, March 8, 2021 the two winners and runners-up will be notified, and a general announcement will be sent out via email using mail chimp to all our GDOS girls and on our website and social media channels. The RFDS will also make an announcement on their website and social media channels.
Girls use your power!
Let’s do this…